Sunday, June 7, 2015

If My People...

I have, for some time now, been concerned about the condition of the United States of America. As I see it, we are on a steep down hill slope. We are very close to crashing into a spiritual down fall, and we are picking up speed each second.

I have heard many different solutions to our problem. I have heard that we need to elect new government leaders, implement better education, promote better tolerance towards others, the list goes on and on. But I have yet heard but a few that has the real answer.

2 Chronicles 7:14 "If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."  You understand that the solution to the problem does not lie with the government, it lies with the people that are Christians. 

There are several things that this verse calls for us to consider:

1.    We have already mentioned this, but I would like to make a clarification here. There are a lot of          people that call themselves Christian, have not been born again. Some think that because mom and dad were Christian, they are also.  Some think because they are morally good they are Christian. Some think they are Christian because they go to Church regularly, the list goes on. A Christian is one that has accepted Christ as Lord, Savior and follows His teachings. There are more to be said about this subject, that will come in another time. The point being is that God is calling out to His people.

2.    We need to humble ourselves. It seems that in world, we have lost our humility. We are a proud people (here I am referring to God's people), we are a privileged people. God is our Father and He gives us what we want, we don't have to ask. Several years ago our granddaughter, in her preteens, brought a friend to our house and we heard her say (while helping herself and her friend to something in the kitchen) this is my nanny's house and she lets me anything I want. In our pride that's how we pray.

Pride also keeps us from falling on our knees or faces before the Lord in secret. We want to post our prayers on the internet in order that others may see how righteous we are. Think I am wrong, read Matthew 6:6. I realize there are time for public prayers such as in church, but not on the street corners or broadcast so others can see our goodness and say "how noble and good we are". God will reward us, we don't need the praise of others.  PRIDE

3.    We are to pray.  Often, I hear or read on facebook people tell others, "I am praying for you" or "I will pray".  I often wonder if they mean, "I am thinking of you". I don't want to be judging, but the Bible says you  shall know them by their fruits, and I wonder if we (I include myself in this group) really know how to pray. Our scripture say to pray and seek my face. This means to gain an audience with the Lord face to face. This is what we are to be about, standing before an awesome God seeking His favor. 

4.     We are to turn from our wicked ways! Now I have stopped preaching and started to meddle. We call ourselves Christian while we exercise an attitude of permissiveness. Everybody does it, so it must be ok, after all it is the twenty-first century, times have changed. We have no problems with children being aborted for the sake of convenience, to rid ourselves of a mistake. We no longer consider co-habitation a sin. Cheating on our spouse is norm, homosexual behavior is norm, etc. If you don't think so just watch an episode of TV's "Modern Family"!

Oh, but I am not guilty of these sins! That may be so, but what about the slightly off color jokes or remarks we make on facebook? What about some of the pictures that we post. It amazes me how some of the people will use off color language, and then in the next breath ask for prayers. It seem that we think that God is not listening or that He turns a deaf ear.  No! He say to turn from our wickedness no matter how trivial it may seem to us. This is a condition to Him hearing us.

Psalm 66:18 "If I regard iniquity (sin) in my heart, the Lord will not hear me".  Repent, Repent, again I say Repent.

It now the time for all God's people to come to the aide of their country!!!!!!!!!!

If you agree or don't, please leave a comment.


No comments:

Post a Comment