Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Trans-Spiritual

I learned a new phrase just the other day. I received an email from Family Life. This is an organization that focuses on bringing Biblical stability to families. This particular email was written by Dennis Rainey.  He used a phrase that was new to me. The phrase is "trans-spiritual Christian". He states that a trans-spiritual Christian is one that has a spiritual identity or expression of faith that doesn't match that of one that God created for him.

I found this thought very interesting. He says that these Christians have changed their spiritual thoughts from Godly to worldly. They are confused as to who they are and what they believe etc. They want to blend into the world. Some of these are even referring to evangelical Christians as anti-this or anti-that. They refer to us, (I consider myself to be an evangelical Christian), as right-wing political fanatics.

Let me address the idea of an evangelical Christian. To be a Christian, is to be a follower of the Lord Jesus. One who reads the word and tries (notice I said tries) to follow Him. The word Christian was first introduced as a derogatory remark saying that these people were "little Christs". In my early years, a person that tried to live a clean Christian life were sometimes called "holy Joes". I count it a compliment if someone thinks my life mimics that of Jesus, although I am aware that I do not.

To be evangelical means to follow the command of Jesus, to go into all the world spreading the gospel, and teaching the truth of Jesus. If this makes me an object of ridicule then so be it.

To put the two definitions together, you have a follower of Christ that proclaims the word of God, no matter of the issue or popularity. This is what God has created the Christian to do. I say created the Christian because the Bible says that when we become a Christian we become a new creation. We are born anew in the Spirit. Contrary to the belief that we are all God's children, you are only His if you a:re born again and received His Spirit. "...If any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he none of His" Romans 8:9

This brings me to the phrase of trans-spiritual Christian, if there is such a thing. When we review the idea of a trans-gender, we think of some one who is of one sex and changes to another. Through surgery, and medical pills, they become something different (so to speak). Can a Christian deny his new birth and relationship to Christ and become a true citizen of the world, or did they just allow Satan distort their views, or are they really Christian?

I am amazed at the number of people that call themselves Christians, and I am sure some are, that say that we are not to judge. These people condemn us for being judgmental while they are passing judgment on us. It may be just the fact that they simply do not know what the Bible says or do not care. Sometimes we simply want to believe that God does not really mean what He says, or we just don't care. I remember during a Bible study, that a young person said to me that they did not care what the Bible says, they were going to do what they wanted anyway. Another, after we read what the Bible had to say about a subject, said to me, "you believe what you want and I'll believe what I want."

Can you be a trans-spiritual? All I know is that the Bible speaks on these things. Romans 1:32 says that even those who approve of those who practice them are in danger of the judgment of God. That's God's judgment, not mine. There are those who just don't know any better and then there are those that don't care.

Remember Sodom and Gomorrah! America is headed down the same path! I ask all of you followers of Christ Jesus, PRAY FOR AMERICA

I say this with love because I love our country and what it was and can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment